Priority Deadline: March 9
Final Deadline: April 6
Final Deadline: May 28
American University's English language and Training Academy (ELTA) is an intensive, full-time ESL (English as a Second Language) program for students who wish to improve their academic English language skills while becoming closely oriented with American culture and university life.
English Language Instruction & U.S. Cultural Immersion
- 18-20 hours of classroom instruction per week
- Three levels of instruction from intermediate to advanced
- Classes taught by experienced and expert faculty
- Guest lectures, workshops, conversation partners, and site visits into Washington, D.C.
- Specialized courses focused on U.S. culture
- Pathway program options available
- No English proficiency exam required for admission (TOEFL, IELTS, etc)
- Visa support offered for qualified students
- Access to all AU facilities, including the library, athletic center, clubs & organizations, and Academic Support & Access Center
- Support and advising staff that are specially trained to work with language learners
- Member of English USA
"I strongly recommend ELTA for future students. It is a life changing experience."
Get to know the students, staff, and faculty that make up the English Language Training Academy (ELTA) community.
It was exciting finally meeting everyone at orientation. We hope you have a great semester! 😊#ELTAORIENTATION2018Posted by English Language and Training Academy at American University on Friday, January 12, 2018