You are here: American University College of Arts & Sciences History Resources Study Abroad Equivalency

Study Abroad

Easter Island statues.

If you are an undergraduate student studying abroad through an American University program and would like to receive course equivalency for history credit, please do the following:

Email the History Department at, with "Study Abroad Equivalency" as the subject line, and include the following information:

1. University Name/City of the abroad program;

2. Semester of study;

3. Number and title for each course;

4. Course description;

5. Syllabus of course, if possible; and

6. Please indicate if you would like to receive History Major/Minor credit.

The History Department will assess and respond to your request. If approved, we will also notify the Study Abroad Office. If you would like us to notify your Study Abroad advisor, please include his or her contact information in the body of your e-mail.