Plan Your VisitWednesday–Sunday, 11:00–4:00
Admission free and all facilities fully accessible.
The AU Museum re-opened on February 7, 2024. Most exhibitions close May 19. The Very Idea and New Perspectives on the New Thing close March 17.
- Parking: Free on weekends, or metered ($2 per hour) on weekdays until 5 p.m.
- Please see Directions and Public Transportation (free AU Shuttle from Metro Red Line) below and Special Events.
- Masks are optional. COVID-19 vaccinations or negative tests are no longer required for entry.
- The AU Museum also requests that visitors please avoid bringing:
- Open food or drink.
- Large personal belongings including backpacks and suitcases. We cannot hold these items for you, and they are not permitted in the museum.
Metrorail & Metrobus
From the Tenleytown/AU Metro Red Line stop, proceed east to 40th St. (behind Whole Foods and near Albemarle St.) for the AU Shuttle or M4 DC Metro bus. Disembark at Nebrasksa Avenue and Ward Circle to reach the museum.
Metered parking is available in the Katzen Arts Center, payable via kiosk on level P1 or by phone, 8:00-5:00 on weekdays. Both credit cards and cash are accepted. Remember your license plate number before leaving your car to pay. Parking is free on weekends, holidays, and weekdays after 5:00.
Please park in general parking spaces, not reserved or visitor parking.
The museum store is currently closed. Current exhibition catalogs can be purchased on-site inside the museum. Previous exhibition catalogs can be purchased by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.