- Music Program Audition
- Theatre/Musical Theatre Program Audition
- Dance Program Placement Audition
- Performance/Ensemble Auditions
Get Tickets & Information for
- INTERFERENCE new music collective
December 2, 7-9:30 p.m.
- Gallery 2021: Dance Capstone
December 4, various times
- AU Chorus
December 4 & 5
- AU Jazz: Fall for Jazz 2021
News & Notes
Assistant Professor Carl Menninger’s Chicago production of The Boys in the Band leads Jeff Award Nominations with seven nods, including Best Director and Best Play.
Associate Professor Aaron Posner reports on the impact COVID-19 has had on theaters and him personally.
Professor Emerita Caleen Sinnette Jennings' autobiographically inspired play "Queens Girl in the World" was featured in an article in the Ithaca Times.
Nancy Snider was awarded a $12,500 Koster Foundation Summer Study Grant from The Marinus and Minna B. Koster Foundation, Inc.
Distinguished artist in residence Aaron Posner won the 2020 Off-Broadway Alliance Award for Best New Play for Life Sucks.
Richard Streeks won the Dean’s Award for Outstanding Staff for being incredibly supportive and responsive to many varied demands of the Department of Performing Arts.
Arts management professor Andrew Taylor spoke with the Washington Post about the effects of COVID-19 shutdowns on the Kennedy Center and other performance venues.
Dance professorial lecturer Erin Foreman-Murray spoke to WERA 96.7 Arlington about dance and embodied curiosity.
Dance professor Robert Woofter premiered “electric idols” at the Kennedy Center’s new REACH Campus. Musician-in-residence Yuliya Gorenman was interviewed in the Roanoke Times and Seattle Spokesman-Review.
Theatre professor Caleen Jennings won the the first-ever AU Faculty Award for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Arts management alum Monica Jeffries Hazangeles was named one of the most powerful women in Washington by Washingtonian magazine.
Adjunct music professor Katherine Riddle won the Marc Blitzstein award at the Lotte Lenya Competition for vocalists.
- General Performing Arts
- Richard Streeks at 202-885-3422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts Management
- Ximena Varela at 202-885-3883 or email@example.com
- Audio Technology
- Michael Harvey at 202-885-6302 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erin Foreman-Murray at 202-885-3942 or email@example.com
- Ann Kang at (202) 885-3859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theatre/Musical Theatre
- Karl Kippola at 202-885-3464 or email@example.com