- Campus Community
- David Osborne, Director Energy and Engineering, Facilities Management
- Campus Wide Domestic Water Outage
Dear AU Community,
Later this month, American University’s Facilities Management team will further update the campus’ aging infrastructure by replacing four key valves in its water distribution system.
To prevent and minimize future unplanned campus-wide water outages, the new valves will allow the Facilities team to maintain and make repairs by isolating work to smaller, specific sections of the system while maintaining water service to remaining sections.
To ensure the least impact to campus activities and to take advantage of the scheduled campus winter break, the valve replacement work will be conducted between December 19 and January 5, 2023, with a campus-wide domestic water outage on December 26. The shutdown will impact ALL Main Campus buildings except for SIS, EQB, Hurst, and Kerwin.
The schedule of work is as follows:
- Monday, Dec. 19: Preparation work to begin valve replacement (day after fall commencement)
- Wednesday, Dec 21: Bus routes will be modified due to a road closure at the Hall of Science (Centennial to Asbury). Traffic will not be allowed to travel on that section of roadway.
- Monday, Dec. 26: Campus-wide domestic water outage. Road closure at Hall of Science (Centennial to Asbury). Traffic will not be allowed to travel on that section of roadway.
- Tuesday, Dec. 27 – Thursday, Jan. 5: Restoration to original site conditions
Be sure to share this information and direct any questions you may have to 2Fix to ensure that you receive a timely and well-coordinated response.