Registration is required as space is limited. Registration forms are due by April 15.
Upon registration, parents will be also required to sign a Likeness Image Release Form and Liability waiver.
- Group Picture with Clawed
- Diploma/Gift Bag Presentation
- Lunch (including welcome remarks from Beth Muha, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources and Mikaela Lefrak, WAMU Arts & Culture Reporter)
Parents are required to attend lunch with their children or sign their child out for the day.
Afternoon events are optional and require parent participation.
Job shadowing is allowed upon supervisor approval. Parents can take their children back to their offices to shadow them in their work environment.
- Interactive Visit with University Police: Elementary and middle school aged children will have the opportunity to explore our emergency vehicles, learn about the how our Emergency Blue Phones operate, visit our sworn and non-sworn staff in our Emergency Operations Center as well as compete with our Officers in our Law Fit obstacle course! Our CIT (Crisis Intervention Team) Officers will lead the discussions about personal safety, safety resources in school and at home, and the importance of our words and actions. We hope your kids join us for a fun day in our headquarters in Myers building!
- Arboretum Tour: This guided walking tour will take students through the campus and point out various trees and other plants as well as discuss environmental and cultural features on the campus. Fun activities and surprises will be included along the way.
- Library's Makerspace Activity: Spend the hour learning more about 3D printing and what a Carvey machine is. You can also take a picture in our photobooth and participate in a variety of crafts from light up cards to bookmarks.
- Design and Build Lab Tour (middle school students only)
- Free Play
- Applying to College Presentation
- Campus Tour
- AU Center for Innovation: An Introduction to Entrepreneurship on Campus: Entrepreneurs are happiest people on the planet as create major value for society – we’ll teach you the basics of an entrepreneurial mindset!
- Kay Spiritual Center Tour
- The Market Tour, AU's Food Pantry: Drop off food donations and stock the shelves
- American University Museum Tour: Our tours are engaging for all age groups, and for children, we offer an opportunity to participate in an art-making activity! Participate in a “close looking” exercise of 3-5 objects in one of our exhibits, and then join a studio art-making session inside the museum. Also enjoy some self-guided activities, like a scavenger hunt, that young visitors can use while exploring the exhibitions.
- WAMU Tour (high school students and parents only): Limit 10 students/parents
- Television Studio Production: Watch the Television Studio Production class produce 3 episodes of their fun educational game show,
Multi-task. Participants may watch the show from the studio audience, control room, and master control. You may also choose to put their name in a drawing to be a contestant on the show! The event runs from 2:30-5:00 PM. Shows will go on live at 3:00 PM (please arrive at the studio by 2:30 PM, 3:45 PM (please arrive at the studio by 3:15 PM), and 4:15 PM (please arrive at the studio by 4:00 PM). The students will design the questions and multitasking challenges for those age 9 and above, but younger children are welcomed to come to the studio!
- Job Shadowing: Upon supervisor approval, parents can take their children back to their offices to shadow them in their work environment.