Dear AU Staff,
I know we are all looking forward to a much-deserved break during the holidays. As we reflect upon all that we are thankful for, we want to express our gratitude for the many contributions our staff have made to AU throughout the past year.
As you make plans to spend time with family and friends, we encourage you to review the health and safety best practices around COVID-19 outlined below to keep yourself, your family, and your community safe and healthy. This guidance provides additional protective measures for our community, in addition to following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Get a COVID-19 test 1–3 days before you depart. Testing is available on campus and at a variety of sites off campus. Please plan for increased demand and longer wait times.
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 must isolate, as defined by the CDC, and cannot travel. If you test positive, remain at home and report your test results on the AU Portal.
Wear a mask on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation.
Follow all state, local, or international recommendations and requirements, including mask wearing and social distancing.
- Wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings and if you’re in the company of others who are not fully vaccinated.
- Celebrate outdoors if possible.
- If indoors, open windows to increase ventilation.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID, stay home and ask the same of others!
Get a COVID-19 test 3-5 days after you return.
Follow the directives around testing, masking, and reporting upon your return. At this time, we are maintaining our current masking requirements as they are an important component of our comprehensive health and safety measures.
Have a safe and relaxing holiday break, and we look forward to everyone’s return.
Assistant Vice President of Human Resources