We're committed to making sure your Move-In Day goes smoothly! There will be movers and volunteers to help unload, staff to point the way, hand-outs, and more. Watch for more details coming soon to your AU email and this page.
Move-In Dates and Times
Move-in Times: Each student has an assigned move-in date and time. Details were emailed in July and are found on the homepage of the Housing Portal.
Move-in Dates: Move-In takes place between Sunday, Aug. 22 and Friday, Aug. 27, according to the following schedule:
- Sophomores and upper-class students in Frequency or Nebraska: Sunday-Sunday, Aug. 22-29.
- Sophomores and upper-class students in East Campus, Cassell, or McDowell: Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 22-24.
- First-year students: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Aug. 25-27.
- Transfer students: Move-in dates is based on classification as first-year, sophomore, or upperclass and residence hall as noted above.
Health and Safety Protocols
Masks are required for all people present on campus (regardless of vaccination status) throughout the duration of Move-In. They will be available for those who may have forgotten a mask.
Sanitizer will be available at stations across campus.
Two (2) guests may enter the halls to assist the student with Move-In. They must be pre-registered on the AU housing portal. Information can be modified on the portal until just prior to arrival.
More detailed information will be shared shortly. You will be seeing maps of campus, where to park to avoid move-in traffic, and more! Here is the rough outline of what to expect:
- Arrive at your assigned gate. You will be assisted with plenty of signs and volunteers so that you know where to go!
- Student goes to Mary Graydon Center for confirmation of vaccination status and check-in. After confirmation of compliance with university requirements, students will receive their One Cards. There will be clear directions and volunteers to help point the way.
- Vehicles will be unloaded. If a student comes with a guest who has a vehicle, the vehicle may be unloaded while the student is at Mary Graydon Center. There will be hired movers and volunteers to help students and guests with the moving process, so that Move-In goes smoothly and easily!
Dining on Move-In Day
Meal plans begin on August 22.
What's open when:
- Terrace Dining Room (TDR) opens for dinner on August 22.
- See the full list of dining venues and their hours.
What's on the menu: Check out what's being served at TDR and other campus dining spots.
Residence Hall Desks
All residence hall front desks will be staffed starting on August 18. They will be staffed 24/7 during the Move-In period and throughout the academic year.