June 29, 2022
Dear Incoming AU Students,
As the deadline to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster approaches, we want to make sure you know how to upload your documentation, if you have not already, and are aware of the consequences for missing the deadline.
To those who have already uploaded your documents: Thank you! You’re all set.
If you have not, please do so immediately. All AU students who will participate in classes or other activities on campus must be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have received a university-authorized exemption.
August 1 is the deadline for all students who paid their deposit before July 15.
Students who deposit after July 15 must complete the vaccination series and booster within two weeks of their deposit date, but no later than the first day of classes. If it is not possible to complete the full series by your deadline, you must upload proof that you have started the series.
How do I submit?
- Documentation is submitted by uploading it online.
What happens if I don’t make the submission deadline?
- Students living on-campus: You will NOT be permitted to move in until we have received and approved your proof of vaccination status.
- Students enrolled in on-campus courses: You are NOT permitted to attend classes until you have submitted proof of vaccination status.
- International students without access to approved vaccines: If you have special circumstances related to vaccine unavailability in your country, contact the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who are noncompliant after August 1 will receive notification from the university about next steps.
How do I know if AU has received my proof of vaccination?
- Check online. If you can’t recall if you submitted, or just want to double-check, please go to the Student Health Portal > My Profile > Download Immunization History. You will see your COVID-19 vaccination proof there if it is on file with the university.
What about exemptions?
- If you plan to request a medical or religious exemption, you MUST apply by the deadline, August 1. Please be aware that AU does not simply provide a request form; there is a full process that must be followed. The university will review your request and documentation you provide to determine if it meets our criteria for an exemption. If you plan to request an exemption, please get started as soon as possible.
Do online students need to submit proof of vaccine and booster?
- Online students must submit documentation if they will have any presence on campus or at a university-sponsored event off campus, including attending any lecture or get-together, immersions, participating in commencement, using the library or other facilities, or meeting with your advisor.
Please note the deadlines to submit information for other required immunizations.
For more questions, you may reach out to email@example.com.
Thank you for helping to keep our community safe and healthy.
Office of Campus Life