Learn about the software available for use by AU Faculty, Staff, & Students.
The Office of Information Technology supports a wide variety of software applications. Many of the applications listed below have been licensed for use by all AU Faculty, Staff, and Students, or else they are freely available.
Please click any of the links below to learn more about our supported software applications.
- AU Alerts - AU's emergency alert system.
- Canvas - AU's Web-based e-learning application used to supplement most classes.
- CommonSpot - AU's content management system for posting university Web content.
- EndNote - AU's site-licensed citation and bibliographic software.
- Listserv - E-mail lists facilitate communication with others sharing similar interests.
- Microsoft Office - AU students, staff, and faculty are eligible to obtain a free subscription to Microsoft Office 365 through our campus site-licensing agreement. Office 365 may be installed on up to 5 devices.
- myAU.american.edu - AU's Web portal, your secure, personal gateway to information and services
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) - a tool for securely connecting to AU network resources from anywhere in the world
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) - AU's administrative computing system with modules to manage student academic records, financial information, human resources records, and support the development initiatives at the university.
- Operational Reports - a Web-accessible reporting and analytics business intelligence tool.
- EagleBucks Printing - AU's campus-wide pay-for-printing system, used in computer labs, libraries, and residence halls
- Remote Desktop Applications - a suite of applications normally only accessible in computer labs. Stuents do not need to have the applications installed, but are still able to use them.