The Peer-Assisted Student Support (PASS) Program provides FREE, one-on-one tutoring available to all enrolled undergraduate and graduate students at American University. Tutors will help students learn course concepts and methods of analysis by providing opportunities for hands-on practice. All tutoring in Fall 2022 will take place online. The schedules for tutoring can be found on WCOnline. Tutoring will begin Wednesday, August 31, 2022.
As of October 31, 2022, the PASS Program provides online tutoring in following courses:
- ACCT-240, ACCT-241, ACCT-245, ACCT-340
- BIO-100, BIO-110, BIO-210
- CHEM-100, CHEM-110, CHEM-210
- CHEM-310, CHEM-320
- CHEM-461, CHEM-465, CHEM-470
- CSC-148, CSC-208
- ECON-100, ECON-200, ECON-300
- ECON-301, ECON-322, ECON-374, ECON-401
- GOVT-130, GOVT-310
- ITEC-200, ITEC-320, ITEC-455
- PHYS-100, PHYS-105, PHYS-200
- PSYC-100, PSYC-240
- SIS-636, SIS-637
If you are an undergraduate or graduate student who would like tutoring, please submit your request using the Tutor Request Form.
NOTE: The Tutor Request Form will close for Fall 2022 on October 31st at 11:59pm EST and will reopen in January 2023 for Spring 2023 tutoring requests.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Tutoring will be held online using the Zoom video conferencing platform. To find your Tutor’s Zoom information, follow the steps below:
- Schedule an appointment with an available tutor.
- Log into WCOnline at least five minutes before your tutoring appointment’s start time.
- Select your tutoring appointment on the WCOnline schedule.
- In the appointment form, review the Tutor’s information and please find “LOCATION” under their email address for the Zoom information for your appointment.
- Select the Zoom link and wait to be admitted by your Tutor.
- Create an account or log into WCOnline with your AU email address.
- Below the log-in box, select the appropriate tutor schedule and click, Log In.
- On the top of the page, click the drop-down menu titled “Search your class” and select your course.
- All available tutors will appear along with their schedules.
- Select a white box to schedule your appointment and complete the accompanying appointment form.
- Log into WCOnline at least 3 hours before the appointment's time.
- Click on your appointment.
- Select to "cancel this appointment" at the bottom of the form.
If your course is not offered in the current listing of courses, please submit a tutor request, here.
Online Tutoring Hours
- Monday-Thursday: 12:00-8:00pm EST
- Sunday: 3:00-8:00pm EST
For additional information about the PASS Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tutor Request Form
- Info for Prospective Tutors
- Math & Stats Program
- Writing Center
- Supplemental Instruction
WCOnline tutorial for students.