Official Transcripts

Current and former Law students may only order transcripts on the WCL website:

Official transcripts are available either as a secure electronic PDF or printed on security paper. Both versions feature the AU seal and the Registrar's signature. They should be used for official transactions including applications to graduate school, some employment opportunities, or security clearances. Official transcripts also carry the date of issue, and when issued to students carry the notation, "Issued Directly to Student." The transcript key is on the back of the official transcript. Information about reading AU transcripts prior to 1978 may be found on this transcript key.

Transcripts will not be furnished until all financial obligations to the University are satisfied. Questions regarding financial matters should be addressed by contacting the AU Central at 202-885-8000.

Beginning on August 27th, 2018, transcripts will cost $5 for each electronic or paper copy requested and must be purchased by credit or debit card.

Request an Official Transcript

Currently enrolled students may request an official transcript through a direct link on their MyAU Portal.

Former students may request an official transcript by creating an account through the online ordering system.

Documents can be sent along with the transcript (ex. for law or medical school admission services) by using the attachment feature.

Transcript requests cannot be held for the posting of grades, certificates, or degree awards. Before requesting the transcript, current students should check their Internal Academic Record, see below, to make sure everything has been posted. If a grade or degree has not been posted before making the request, another request for an official transcript will have to be made.

Electronic Delivery

While electronic transcripts are widely accepted, confirm with your recipients that they will accept this format before ordering. A printed copy of a PDF transcript is not official.

Official Paper Transcript

A paper transcript is “official” only as long as it remains in its sealed envelope. Do not open the sealed envelope if you are forwarding the document to another party (an institution, employer or other person). Open the envelope only if you have ordered the transcript for personal use.

Status inquiries can be made to (202) 885-2022 or

Grading System

Click here to view the current and past Grading Systems

Internal Academic Record

An unofficial academic record is an uncertified copy of a student's academic record. It may be printed by the student. It does not carry the Registrar's official seal or signature. The unofficial academic record provides students with a place to view current GPAs, completed courses, and courses in which they are currently enrolled.

Current students may obtain unofficial academic records at any time through this direct link on the portal,