SOE's Urban Teachers program recently welcomed these new additions to its faculty and staff. The program is a partnership between American University’s School of Education and Urban Teachers, delivering a one-of-kind teacher preparation experience resulting in a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT).
- New staff: Mallory Latimer and Vic Cotton
- New faculty in Baltimore: Desmond Rudd, Emily Yanisko, Gillian DiMuzio, Mora Owens, and Shwan Simon
- New faculty in Dallas/Fort Worth: Katie Eisel, Kristen Watson, Kristina Sterling, Sarah McMenamin, Tiffany Fuller, and Veronica Alcacon
- New faculty in Philadelphia: Jeff Glowik
- New faculty in Washington DC: Alicia Leggett, Amy Wendel, Charity Jones, Golnar Abedin, Jessica Proffitt, Lauren Crichton, and Shereen Holmes
The Urban Teachers’ mission is to improve the educational and life outcomes of children in urban schools by preparing culturally competent, effective career teachers who accelerate student achievement and disrupt systems of racial and socioeconomic inequity. Watch a video of this summer's cohort and see our celebration of our new students.